We have a responsibility to you, our customer, to be open and honest, to treat you fairly, and to be safe and secure. These principles affect everything we do. The way we lend money is no exception.
This page tells you about our approach. It also outlines what we ask of you in return. If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
What you can expect from us as a responsible lender:
• Products and lending criteria designed to meet your needs.
• Clear information on the cost of your borrowing, how it might change over the term of the loan, any fees and charges and our terms and conditions.
• An assessment of your ability to make regular payments and repay the loan, using appropriate credit assessment techniques, and verification of your financial position through Open Banking, before providing credit.
• A limit on your borrowing that we believe will ensure you don't overstretch your finances, by aligning your repayments to your income (subject to minimum and maximum thresholds) and which will allow for some increase in your essential expenditure.
• Under strict controls, like all reputable lenders, we may share credit performance data with other lenders, through one or more Credit Reference Agencies, both to improve the quality of our decisions and to reduce the risk of you becoming over-committed.
• Your personal information treated confidentially and in accordance with prevailing Data Protection legislation.
• Prompt and professional handling of any queries or complaints you may have.
• Considerate and consistent treatment of payment issues and arrears.
We ask that you
• Provide accurate and complete information on your application.
• Regularly assess your borrowing and other financial commitments and, if you expect to face payment difficulty in the future, or if you are having difficulties in managing your monthly payments, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss any help/assistance available.
• Understand the terms and conditions on which the money is borrowed, especially in relation to the mechanism by which your payments may increase or decrease, seeking further information and help if needed.
• Decide for yourself how much you wish to borrow, up to the maximum we will lend based on the circumstances you have provided to us.